Is Your Gym Equipment Safe to Use – Does an Antimicrobial Coating Can Work?
Gyming has become an essential habit for today’s generation, more than half a population rushes to the gym every day for burning calories. Sweating in gym keeps can create the breeding ground for germs and bacteria, as well. Since many people use the same gym equipment every day and germs from one body to another is easy to transfer.
The answer to the QuestionM
According to researchers conducted by EmLab & PK on behalf of FitRated (a website that compares rates of different kinds of gyming equipment), your treadmill, exercise bike and free weighs are primary sources of germ transfer.
The free weigh carries an average number of 1,158,381 CFU which is equal to 362 times more bacteria than an average toilet seat. The treadmill and exercise bike performs a bit better than the microbial indexing, with average 1,333,432 CFU and 1,333,417 CFU respectively. In general terms, a treadmill is 74 times more contaminated than a regular faucet.
Speaking about the exercise bike, it contains 39 times more bacteria than a regular cafeteria tray. More studies are conducted to confirm the impact of these bacteria on the health of the people. The result shows 70 percent harmful influence on human health. So, the data give a clear indication about unhealthy a gym session can be.
So, what can you do?
The facts mentioned above give a clear indication of how unhygienic gym equipment, gym space could be for the people. If you are a gym owner and want your gym welcoming for people, then freeing all equipment from germs is one of the most accessible techniques. For that, a nano-photo technology based antimicrobial coating can work wonder.
Application of Antimicrobial Coating on Gym Equipment
A nano VLR modified photocatalyst based antimicrobial coating has a terrific effect on killing almost all kinds of bacteria and virus including their mutants such as MRSA, SARS, H5N1, etc. It contains photocatalyst component that can thoroughly decompose bacteria, virus and their body and endotoxin. Applying a coat of antimicrobial coating destroys then germs and bacteria on the surface of the gym equipment. And, if you will use on the indoor walls, then it helps in air purification by reducing the chances of any respiratory disease.
Potential Features of Antimicrobial coating
- An antimicrobial coating serves a protective layer against the environmental pollutants, germs, bacteria, and viruses. It hinders the transfer the pathogens from one body to another, which is a significant cause of infection.
- The antimicrobial coating serves on a targeted level. When applied to specific equipment or place, the coating protects from several unknown contaminants.
- Antimicrobial Coatings are robust and long-lasting. The coating stays for long, no matter what physical changes occurs outside. This gives you complete safety and peace of mind from microbial attack, leaving a healthy and safe place for gyming sessions.
- Antimicrobial Coating is strong on germs and bacteria. This coating not only kills the virus, but it also decomposes the endotoxin to avoid the chances of regrowth or rebirth.
- Antimicrobial Coating is safe and harmless to the human body. VOC is one of the primary constituent present in paints these days, which is harmful and a threat to the environment. The photocatalytic property present in antimicrobial coating leaves no extra pollution behind, giving an environment-friendly substitute to regular paints.
How to find the best antimicrobial coating for you?
At TiPE, you can find a variety of antimicrobial, anti-pollution, and environment-friendly based product to disinfect, clean and purify your things. We believe in using on using natural resources with advanced technology to remove bacteria, germs, and pollutants from the environment. Nano Technology based Antimicrobial coating is one of them. You can know about antimicrobial coating is a must do for public transport here.
Visit the page to know more. Contact us directly at contact us page.